Renting a van is one of the most practical services, allowing reaching places that are often not very accessible by public transport or tours, provides the convenience of doing things at your own pace, and can often be more economical if you travel in pairs or in groups. Similar is the case of rent van, which is also offering the same benefits like any other vehicle. There are several factors that should be initially considered while going for a rent van and some of these factors are mentioned as follows:
• Choose the size of car you want to rent. Choose one of you rent van styles that are available such as compact, standard size or luxurious vans.
• Call at least four companies that provide rent van services. So you can meet and compare prices, services available, any offer, a promotion weekend discounts and other offerings.
• Determine if you want to go for rent van. Keep in mind that companies often pose special rates on weekends, plus the company must inform the extent to which you require the van and travel, as this can influence the rates.
• Check your insurance policy for discounts and rent another. Contact any of these groups as the AARP and others, in which as a member you receive discounts on rent vans.
• Recall the company you want to do the transaction with. Ask again what you want and make sure the information you provide is the same as per the requirement of the rent van.
• Give the company a credit card because they are not accepting debit cards as well as cash. Be prepared to charge a tax on your card to pay in advance the rent van. This charge will be removed when provided the proper return of the van under the same conditions.
• Stay within the lease with respect to usage of miles and days used. Fill the gas tank when returning the van as it will be inspected.
• The payment method tends to allow the rental company to complete the rented transaction through the credit card. Check with your credit card company within three working days if the charge has been withdrawn of the rent van.
• Distance Charges. Some rental cars may have a limit to how far you can travel, charging for the extra distance traveled. Many others tends to have unlimited mileage in their plan.
Sources and Citations
• Other charges. The van rental companies are characterized by the pursuit of additional charges; they may include placement fees, management fees, surcharges, recovery log and local taxes. Sometimes, local taxes are not only local sales taxes, local taxes but also vehicles that are "recovered". Most van rental companies have a whole day minimum period for rent van plus the prices for rentals for less than one day are not established, but if you return the van for a certain time of day; you can try to haggle to get overtime for free.
Tips and Recommendations
• Compare prices
• See if you have some kind of discount any of your associations
• Inspect the vehicle at the rental agency and check for damage before leaving.