Computer systems are very helpful and always make our work easier. You can imagine many years ago when there was not even a single system in your organization. There was a lot of manual work which prove to be tedious and difficult. Running through bundles of files as well as beating the dateline of your boss was not an easy task. However the introduction of computer systems made work real easy and convenient.
Ste p 1: You can imagine lighting up a boiler in a factory manually, throwing the firewood in order to power on the whole process. It is a dangerous process as well. But with the introduction of automated systems all you need to do is to monitor the movements of the operation. Productivity in the organizations has also greatly improved. Every day companies count great profits through these systems power.
Step 2: Even though the production has much improve, these computer systems require power to operate. Without systems power it becomes useless and there is nothing that can operate. All the operation of automated production is put to a halt without systems power. That is why every company has to consider the methods of restoring systems power in order to effectively execute the processes.
Step 3: The positive effects of power - In day to day operation the positive effects of power include:
- High production in the industries.
- Enhanced communication.
- Enhanced surveillance.
- Improve employee productivity.
- Cut on the insurance cost.
- Reduces losses of property. This applies to an environment where there is automated security system to be able to monitor the operations. Lack of power will disables the systems leading to theft.
- With the systems on power management of the business is enhanced.
- Where systems are relied on for safety, the individual’s safety is assured as long as the power is available.
Step 4: Negative effects of power loss
Power loss brings about great loses, in a company setup, loss of systems power cut on the production resulting in reduced productions. Other negative effects of power include.
- Reduced production.
- Loss of data
- Delay on the target objective in production industries.
- In hospital set up with machine supported operation and activities, less of systems power can lead to death of patients
Step 5: Methodologies of system power restoration
It is important for organizations to have a mechanism of restoring systems power to enhance the day to day operations. It is important for companies, institutions, banks, hospitals, airports and other sensitive area where they may be using intelligent systems for their operations to have a power backup plan in order to ensure continuity of operations in case the sole systems power provider fails to operate.
- Some of the methods of ensuring presence of systems power restoration include;
- Installation of backup generators. It is important to have a power generator so that in case there is a power failure you are able to continue with operations.
- Install Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
- Obtain voltage regulators
- Obtain AC power line surge suppressions
The bundles of files in the office desks have been replaced with only a single gadget which could handle millions of data. It has made work easy, your desk neat as well as the time taken to execute the work is far much slashed.