Let's face it, everyone has to age, but, hardly anyone wants to age. Some people fight aging by resisting it every step of the way, and others choose to grow old with grace. It would be great if there was really a fountain of youth that would turn back the hands of time. Unfortunately, this fountain doesn't exist. However, good health does play a significant role in prolonging youth. There are also anti-aging health products and diets available.
Having an understanding of the aging process will assist in knowing how to slow down the process. Although, no one can prevent aging there are factors that play a role in anti aging health strategies. Everyone ages differently. and the genes largely affect the rate of aging. Other key factors in aging are contributed to the environment, diet, exercise, health, body weight, and stress. We can't alter our genes, but, we can change these other aging factors and there affect on aging. Many health officials agree that daily exercise, managing stress, weight loss, and healthy eating can dramatically impact aging.
Anti aging health strategies:
- Eat a well-balanced diet that consists of fruit and vegetables. Follow the five portion rule. Do not skip on breakfast it really is the most important meal of the day.
- Get daily exercise.
- Get enough sleep for your body. Doctors recommend at least 8 hrs per night. Studies show that a lack of sleep contributes to weight gain. Getting the proper sleep helps the mind and body to rejuvenate.
- Drink plenty of water. It's recommended that we drink half of our body weight in water.
- Do not smoke. Smoking contributes greatly to aging and is overall bad for your health.
- Lose excess weight gain. Avoid crash diets, some experts agree that losing weight slowly is better for the body and the results are more lasting.
- Stress Management. Try these methods to de-stress. Listen to relaxing music, take hot baths, meditate, read a book, paint or draw, listen to white noise sounds, or take long walk or drive.
- Exercise your mind. Keep the mind active. Play word and puzzle games to help keep mind sharp.
- Use a good sunscreen. Direct sun can cause damage to the skin and aging.
Over the years the body ages due to a decrease in vital hormones and critical chemicals in our bodies. Taking these supplements will work against the aging process.
- CoQ10 - is essential in creating energy within the body. Without energy we can not function properly.
- Melatonin - helps with sleep. Sleep is very essential to anti-aging. Our body creates the chemicals that are needed to stay healthy while we sleep. Try melatonin, if you're tossing and turning and not getting at least 8 hour of sleep.
- DHEA - this hormone helps to maintain skin tone, healthy bones, and muscle mass. The body make less DHEA as we get older so we need to take as supplement.
Tips and comments
- A powerful anti-aging vitamin is Niacin.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E are know as the King and Queen of Antioxidants.