Are you thinking of opening a Lloyds online bank account? We’ll if so, then this article should act as a guide on the services provided by Lloyds online bank accounts, and the advantages of maintain one.
Lloyds bank has a huge standing globally, with over 100,000 employees all over the world, and is now able to provide online services, for its account holders. So what is online banking? Online banking is the ability to conduct banking transactions on a computer, through a secure website provided by a bank, via the internet. Here are the benefits enjoyed by Lloyds online account holders, through online services:
· Convenience: With an online account, you will not have to worry about any pesky queues, as you normally would in a banking hall. You can simply process your banking transactions, on a computer terminal, anywhere in the world.
· 24 hour services: Online banking services are accessible on a 24 hour basis, 365 days in a year.
· Availability of options: Through online banking, you can be able to make payments for your utility bills, process transfers, view how you are spending your money with straightforward charts and graphs, etc, making it easier for you to manage your money.
Lloyds bank is committed to making your online banking experience, as safe as possible. To this end, Lloyds bank guarantees to refund account holders their money, in the event that any fraudulent activities, may occur in their accounts. They have also implemented certain systems and procedures, in order to protect your account. This includes:
1. Using a fraud detection system that keep track of your spending patterns, and highlights any unusual activities.
2. Achieving a specific log-in per session, by using random characters and drop-down menus.
3. The system will also log you off, if it remains idle for more than 10 minutes, just in case you forget to log out of your account, or you leave your computer.
4. The system will disable your account, if it receives a number of incorrect log on attempts, to protect it from fraudsters who may be trying to guess your log-in details.
Tips and comments:
As an account holder, you have a responsibility to keep your account safe. You can achieve this by, installing your computer with an effective antivirus program. Keep your browser up to date. Keep your log in details private, and change your password as often as possible.