The city of London is the capital England and is the largest metropolitan area of the country. Thus it is filled with high quality restaurants, and in this article we will delve into some of these top London restaurants.
Hawksmoor is a rustic London out situated on a tranquil, calm street near the Covent Garden station and Seven Dials. This London restaurants facade was once the old Watney-Combe brewery, making for an unique and different dining experience. This restaurant has a range of menus, these are in the form of Dinner, Lunch, Sunday Roasts, Puddings, Bar and the Express Menu. Due to this London restaurants proximity to a range of theatre venues it has conceived the Express menu, a food experience specially designed for pre or post show purposes. Below we have included some of the food options available for this menu.
- STARTERS:Crab & Samphire Salad, Curried Mussels, Potted Smoked Mackerel, Meatballs & Grits, Tamworth Belly Ribs and Asparagus with Duck Egg Hollandaise.
- STEAKS: Bone-in Prime Rib, T-Bone, Bone-in Sirloin and Rib-eye.
- SIDES: Beef Dripping Chips, Jersey Royals, Steamed Asparagus, Spring Greens, Baked Sweet Potato and Macaroni Cheese.
- Puddings:Somerset sticky toffee with clotted cream, Honeycomb Cheesecake, Sundae ( Cornflake or Sticky Toffee), and scoop of Ice Cream ( Salted Caramel, Cornflake, Hazelnut or Vanilla).
Hereford Road resides in an old Victorian butcher’s shop in residential Notting Hill Gate. This London restaurants cuisine emphasises British cooking but puts a twist on it. The menu changes on a daily basis, thus injecting a sense of freshness and surprise into your dining experience. Below we have displayed their most recent menu so individuals can get a feel for their food and style:
- Starters: Nettle Soup, Leek and Vinaigrette, Cauliflower, Cashel Blue and Toasted Crumbs, Potted Crab and Braised Cuttlefish and Rocket.
- Mains: Whole Grilled Mackerel, Cucumber, Kohlrabi, Shrimps and Sea Dulse, Veal Chop, Celeriac and Anchovy, Spinach, Mushrooms, Roast Red Onion and Chestnuts, Braised Roe Shoulder and Carrots ( For Two), Calf's Kidney, Mash, Sage and Onion, Onglet and Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Pot Roast Rabbit, Fennel and Bacon and Skate, Jerusalem Artichoke, Beetroot and Tartare Sauce.
- Desserts: Apple Crumble and Custard, Buttermilk Pudding and Rhubarb, Chilled Vanilla Rice Pudding and Raspberry Jam, Hot Chocolate Pudding and Vanilla Ice Cream, Meringue, Chocolate and Hazelnuts, Pear Sorbet, Rum and Raisin Ice Cream and Sticky Date Pudding.
The last of the London restaurants that we will mention is HIX, located in the heart of Soho. Since opening its doors in 2009 it has had the prestigious honour of being awarded the London’s Time Out Award for Best New Restaurant in 2010. The restaurants walls are adorned with artwork created by infamous British artists, and there menu is daily-changing and enthused with seasonal British food. If you have a party of eight or more you can opt to indulge in the HIX feast menu. There are a few you can choose from, these include the Suckling Pig Feast, Oyster and chop Feast, Roast Shellfish Feast, Cornish Bacaddon Farm Veal Feast, Goodmans Goose Feast and Game Bird Feast. To represent the pure luxury of these London Restaurants Feasts we have detailed the Oyster and Chop Feast.
- Regional rock and native oysters of the British Isles with Sillfield Farm spicy sausages.
- Scrumpy-fried oysters with dittander mayonnaise.
- A Selection of seasonal chops that include , Salt marsh lamb, Boccadon Farm veal and Rib of Aberdeenshire beef. Served with Baked bone marrow, Potato specials and Lettuce heart & wild herb salad.
- Norfolk treacle tart with clotted cream.
- British farmhouse cheese with Yorkshire chutney and Macroom oatcakes.
All steaks at the Hawksmoor come from Longhorn cattle that have been reared in North Yorkshire.
Sources and Citations