Amazing indulgent and fresh food, a welcoming and calm atmosphere and trendy fine decor are all prerequisites for a fine enticing restaurant. Chicago restaurants are diverse in their cuisine and setting, and in this article we will explore a few of these Chicago restaurants.
Wildfire is a restaurant that offers delicious food served in a welcoming and warm environment. There dinner menu is veiled with the freshest ingredients and the most pleasurable combinations of flavours. Below we have listed some of there dinner food items:
- Shrimp and corn Bisque enthused with corn and red peppers.
- Wood Oven Baked Pretzels accompanied by sharp beer cheddar and honey mustard sauces.
- Crispy Fried Calamari served with cocktail and ranch sauces.
- Oven Roast Crab Cakes with the addition of a mustard mayonnaise.
Hand Stretched Pizzas
- Fresh Mozzarella, with juicy tomato and fresh basil.
- Classic Mushroom, which has wild mushrooms, Swiss and asiago.
- House Salad, artichokes,carrots,eggs,tomatoes,cucumbers,celery,croutons ;doused with either ranch, 1000 island,red wine vinaigrette,balsamic or blue cheese dressing.
- Spinach Salad, characterized by crispy bacon, ruby red radishes, eggs and a warm mustard dressing.
- Prime Angus Burger, on a sesame or multi grain bun, and a choice of cheese.
- Turkey Burger, white cheddar, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion, mustard mayonnaise.
- Pretzel Crusted Fish, lettuce, pickled peppers and tartar sauce.
All Sandwiches come with fries, coleslaw and pickle.
Nightly Specials, this is a special meal designated for a certain day of the week
- Monday: Country Fried Boneless Chicken served with Cole Slaw, Honey and creamy Macaroni and cheese.
- Tuesday: Crab Cake Crusted Trout, with mustard sauce and wild rice.
- Wednesday: 8 Hour barbecue platter, which includes baby back ribs, sliced brisket, pulled pork, cornbread muffin and baked beans.
- Thursday: Split Roasted Half Long Island Duck, with sweet cherry sauce and wild rice.
- Friday: Mushroom Stuffed Salmon, red wine butter, and balsamic roasted vegetables.
- Saturday: Filet Mignon Wellington, mushroom stuffing and au Gratin potatoes.
- Sunday: Split Roasted Turkey Dinner: Mushroom herb stuffing, cranberry relish, gravy and redskin mashed potatoes.
The other Chicago restaurants that we will leisurely explore is the uniquely named Topolobampo or Topolo as the regulars call it. This Chicago restaurants decor is characterized by museum quality artwork, constructed by Rudolfo Morales and Nicolas de Jesus among others. The food is a Mexican themed extravaganza, and they are open for Lunch and Dinner. The menus change on a monthly basis, but Mexican festival food, wild game, regional specialties, and fresh and organic ingredients remain a static fixture of this Chicago restaurants menu. To highlight the delicious and unique cuisine we have partially represented the Chefs tasting menu for February 28 - March 24, 2012.
- Foie Gras con Platano Macho:Banana leaf-wrapped terrine of cured Belle Farms foie gras & ripe plantain, smoky salsa negra, borwn-butter-toasted sourdough migas, caramelized cacao nibs, tangy arugula.
- Caras de Chocolate Oaxaqueno: Warm bittersweet chocolate mesquite cake, vanilla-malt ice cream (enhanced with rosita de cacao), nicuatole (Cinnamon sweet corn masa treat), and toasted almonds.
Winter Beach Vacation
- Pulpo en Su Tinta: charred baby octopus, classic squid-ink sauce (roasted tomato, epazote, poblano), polenta-style tamal (herbs, green chile),and Alaskan king crab.
- Marisqueria de Lujo: East coast razor clam ceviche with pomelo, key lime, tomatillo & habanero; Santa Barbara uni (sea urchin), tequila-infused cucumbers, sea beans, Galapagos tomato crema; seared Baja abalone, cascabel chile-avocado oil aioli, avocado, capers, and baby shrimp
Winter Farmers Market
- Envuelto de Trucha Ahumada: Pasilla-infused smoked Rushing Waters rainbow trout, thin-sliced avocado shroud, Bayless garden winter greens, pickled garlic, trout roe, Spence Farm wheatberry crunch.
- Duraznos y Crema: Homemade ricotta tart, honeyed ricotta ice cream, Seedling & Masumoto peaches 4 ways.
Tips and comments
At the first of the Chicago restaurants mentioned (wildfire) there are special vegetarian and gluten free menus.
For reservations at the second of the Chicago restaurants that we have exhibited ( Topolobampo) reservations should be made 8-10 weeks in advance. Additionally this Chicago restaurants hours are as follows,
- Lunch hours: 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday; 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday to Friday
- Dinner hours: 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday; 5:30 to 10:30 Friday and Saturday.