The U.K. has a multitude of delicious and luxurious eating establishments in existence. The restaurants that we will mention below are the five top dining experiences renowned for their food, atmosphere and setting.
The restaurants we will first mention is The Fat Duck, a restaurant run by chef Heston Blumenthal. The menu at the restaurants UK premises is influenced by the principles of molecular gastronomy and also human psychology (focusing on the diners perceptions). The restaurants tasting menu is designed to invoke a multi sensory experience via the use of a range of flavours, textures and aromas. The tasting menu includes the following unusual dishes:
- NITRO POACHED APERITIFS: Vodka and Lime Sour, Gin and Tonic, Campari Soda.
- JELLY OF QUAIL, CRAYFISH CREAM: Chicken Liver Parfait, Oak Moss and Truffle Toast.
- SNAIL PORRIDGE: Iberico Bellota Ham, Shaved Fennel.
- MAD HATTER'S TEA PARTY (c.1850): Mock Turtle Soup, Pocket Watch and Toast Sandwich.
- THE "BFG": Kirsch Ice Cream and the smell of the Black Forest.
- GALETTE OF RHUBARB: Neroli Scented Yogurt and Rhubarb Sorbet
The Ledbury is an UK Restaurant located on Ledbury Road, Notting Hill, London, England. This restaurant was in 2011 ranked 34th in S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants, thus assuring patrons of an exquisite and memorable dining experience. This restaurant serves Lunch, Sunday Lunch, Dinner and a Tasting menu. Dinner at the restaurants premises is £80.00 for three courses. Below we have listed some of the dishes that are exhibited on this divine dinner menu.
- Root Vegetables Baked in Salt and Herbs with Lardo di Colonnata, Hazelnuts and Roasting Juices.
- Chantilly of Colchester Oysters with a Tartare of Scallop and Oyster, Horseradish and Dill.
- Hampshire Buffalo Milk Curd with Saint-Nectaire, Truffle Toast and a Broth of Grilled Onions
- Roast Turbot and Hand Dived Scallop with Broccoli Stem, Natural Yogurt and Indian Spices in Brown Butter.
- Cheek and Jowl of Pork with Black Pudding, Young Carrots and Spiced Cream.
- Roasted Breast and Confit Legs of Pigeon with Red Leaves and Vegetables, Foie Gras and Plums.
- Brown Sugar Tart with Muscat Grapes and Stem Ginger Ice Cream.
- Thinly Sliced Figs with Whipped Ewes Milk Yogurt, Fig Leaf Ice Cream and Citrus Beignets.
- Apple and Pedro Ximénez Parfait with Crispy Porridge and Green Apple Sorbet
St. John Bar and Restaurant resides in an Georgian building which has little improvements performed on it. The restaurant's walls have been painted white, installed a bar and a bakery in two of the chimneys and a kitchen, dining room and private room in the former packing rooms and topped the bar with 20-foot high skylights. But the original rustic feel of the building is still paramount. The restaurant's menu includes a seasonal feasting menu. This is for large parties, and big dishes will be brought to the table for the whole company to share. Menus are charged per head, the minimum charge per person is £30.00, though the price of menus varies depending on the dishes requested.
Hibiscus is a restaurant that resides in London, and is run by the highly skilled chef Claude Bosi. The menus at the restaurants premises are split into Lunch, Saturday Lunch or the Taste of Spring. Below we have listed some of the dishes present on the lunch menu:
- Royale of Berkswell Cheese, Sunflower seed, and Buckwheat Veloute.
- Salad of Devonshire Crab, New Season Kohlrabi , Ginger.
- Roast Cornish Pollock, New Seasonh Fennel, Lobster Dressing, Parmesan and blood orange.
- Goosnargh Corn Feed Chicken.
- Blood Orange and Marjoram Givre.
- Sourdough bread Parfait, Sea Buckthorn Gel, White Chocolate and yeast.
Hakkasan is a UK restaurant located in Hanway Place, London. The restaurant's decor is one of rustic charm and comfort with Wooden screens and latticing made of dark English oak, An open-plan kitchen is visible from the restaurant and black and gold traditionally drawn panels. The menus at the restaurants London site are the A La Carte, Wine and cocktail menu and Signature menus. A signature menu at the restaurant is Dim Sum which includes the following delicious food items:
- Seafood dumpling consommé
- Steamed quail dumpling
- XO scallop dumpling
- Steamed crab meat siew long bun
- Scallop shumai
- Har gau
- Fried oyster salad roll
- Crispy duck roll
- Crispy smoked duck and pumpkin puff
- Three style mushroom cheung fun
- Sticky rice roll
Which can be followed by these optional desserts
- White chocolate and mandarin semi-freddo with mandarin yogurt sorbet, caramelised macadamia and spiced caramel
- Salted caramel torte peanut butter parfait, bitter chocolate sorbet
Reservations can be made at the restaurants. You can make reservations for The Fat Duck online up to 90 rolling days in advance. Additionally, reservations via the phone can be made open from 11am - 2pm on Sunday.
Sources and Citations