The city of San Diego has a host of delicious and glitzy restaurants. These San restaurants present a number of different dining experiences from Seafood to Italian, American to a hardy steak house, there is something for everyone in San Diego.
The Hash House a go go serves fun food, Farm fresh agriculture, live stock, and old recipes that have been tweaked a little to create innovative dishes. Upon your entry into this San Diego restaurant premises you will be greeted with modern artwork, creamy, blotchy walls, neatly made up tables and fun patterned floors. This San restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with its twisted farm food.
Breakfast and Brunch:
- Waffles with either Vanilla, Granola or Bacon and Sausage.
- The Tractor Driver Combo: Two Eggs with bacon sausage or potatoes with a hash house signature flapjack.
- A Farm scramble: Hardwood smoked bacon, avocado, onion and Swiss with either mashed or crispy potatoes and a biscuit.
- Andy's Sage Fried Chicken Benedict with maple reduction, 2 eggs, bacon mashed potatoes and biscuit
- The Kokomo: Griddled meatloaf, roasted tomato and smoked mozzarella on old-fashioned milk bread.
- Big O' Cesar Salad: Served up HH style with house crispy corn croutons.
- The Hash House Cobb Salad: Mixed greens, smoked chicken, fresh avocado, crumbled blue cheese, tomato, red onion, hardwood smoked bacon, barbeque and blue cheese dressing.
- Fresh roasted chicken salad sandwich: adorned with cucumber, bacon, yellow tomato and spinach on milk bread.
- Warn spinach salad: Fresh spinach and butter lettuce with bacon, tomato, red onion and goat cheese crowned with a sweet vinaigrette.
- Andy's sage fried chicken salad: mixed greens in a mango vinaigrette with green apple, caramelized pecans, crumbled blue cheese and fresh tomato topped with a sage fried chicken breast.
The dinner menu at this San Diego restaurant is as follows:
- The Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a honey mustard glaze, caramelized pecans and fresh asparagus.
- Fresh Market Tomato: Mixed tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar,fresh garlic and topped with a signature grilled crispy Parmesan cheese
- House greens: Fresh mixed lettuce,fresh radish and creamy cucumber dressing
- Hash House Cobb Salad: Mixed greens, smoked chicken, blue cheese, fresh tomato, red onion, avocado, blue cheese, smoked bacon all tossed blue cheese dressing and trimmed with bar b' que sauce
- Manila clams mixed in a white wine garlic broth with caramelized onions and crushed red pepper
- Fresh salmon spring roll house smoked salmon, mashed potato, charred tomato and drizzled with our chili cream sauce
- Beef tenderloin mini tacos with three crispy corn tortillas, mashed potato and spice
- Duck Mac and Cheese: Smoked cheddar mac and cheese, pancetta and fresh duck skewer.
- Pan Seared Airline Chicken Breasts: On cedar plank with oyster mushrooms, polenta, Madiera cream.
- Smoked Chicken Bowtie Pasta: Sundried tomato pesto cream, baby green beans and caramelized American pecans.
- Sage Fried Chicken Linguine: Linguine with a porcini mushroom cream, green beans and fresh market tomato and topped with our sage fried chicken
The other top San Diego restaurant we will mention is the Del Mar Rendezvous, a Chinese fusion restaurant. This restaurant's dining experience is improved via the beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean that every diner can marvel at. The food at this San restaurant is equally impressive serving lunch and dinner. Below we have represented a select few dishes from the dinner menu to give you an idea of the delicious and unique fare that this San Diego restaurant offers.
- Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi: sushi grade ahi, seared on the outside and raw through the center. covered in a wasabi
- aioli dressing and with a bed of spring mix lettuce with Rendezvous’ house vinaigrette.
- Pot Stickers: pot stickers filled with pork, cabbage, green onion, and ginger and served with a side of medium spice dumpling sauce.
- Hot and Sour Soup: tofu, egg, and black mushrooms in a vegetable soup broth.
- Wonton soup: 6 handmade wontons filled with pork and shrimp along with shrimp and marinated BBQ pork strips, carrots, lettuce, green onion, and snow peas in a blend of chicken and shrimp broths.
Noodles and rice dishes
- Shanghai Style Noodles: chicken, beef, and shrimp sautéed with baby bok choy, baby corn, broccoli, carrots, and snow peas atop hash brown style lo mein noodles.
- Seafood Lo Mein: Calamari, clam, scallop, and shrimp sautéed with bean sprouts, lettuce, green onion, white onion, and soft egg noodles
- Vegetable Fried Rice: egg, bean sprouts, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, green onion, and peas, and snow peas with rice
- Pungent Crispy Chicken: breaded, crispy strips of white meat chicken sautéed in a spicy red sauce
- Mongolian Beef: 8 oz of New York Strip steak cut into slices and sautéed with green onion and white onion in a brown sauce.
- Chef’s Shrimp Sauté: 7 jumbo shrimp sautéed with broccoli, carrots, baby corn, and snow peas in a Shao Xing garlic sauce
- Buddha's Treasure: Fried tofu sautéed with baby bok choy, broccoli, carrots, baby corn,snow peas, and shiitake mushrooms in a brown garlic sauce.
- Mango Sorbet: a fresh mango shell filled with all-natural, fat-free sorbet and topped with powdered sugar, whipped cream and raspberry sauce.
- Chocolate Wipe-out: a lavish three-layer chocolate mousse cake, topped with chocolate ganache frosting.
Tips and Comments
The hours of operation for this first San Diego restaurant mentioned are as follows:
- Breakfast and Lunch Weekdays 7:30am-2:00pm
- Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Breakfast and Lunch Weekend 7:30am-2:30pm
- Dinner Friday, Saturday and Sunday 5:30pm-9:30pm
Sources and Citations