The Disease Malaria is a widespread disease occurring in the tropical and subtropical regions. It is caused mainly by the transfer of plasmodium parasites due to mosquito bites. Malaria can occasionally be a fatal disease but generally it gets treated with the help of ant malarial medications. There exist 5 types of plasmodium parasite and plasmodium falciparum parasite is the most lethal of all five species.
PREVENTION OF DISEASE MALARIA
Disease Malaria can primarily be prevented by avoiding mosquito bites. Now, in order to prevent mosquito bites mosquitos should be prevented. Given below are some effective ways to prevent mosquitoes:
First of all care should be taken that mosquitos do not exist only. For that cleanliness and sanitation should be maintained. Choked gutter lines and stagnant water invite the mosquitos and hence care should be taken to clean the gutters and spray DDT on the stagnant water.
In case the area is affected by mosquitos following points should be taken in consideration
· It’s always advisable to sleep in well-screened rooms with netted windows and doors.
· The rooms should be sprayed with insecticides in order to kill mosquitos which have entered the room.
· A good option would be to use a mosquito net around the bed which can be sprayed with pyrethrum.
· It would always be advisable to wear covered clothing which covers the hands and legs fully.
· A mosquito repellent cream is quite effective to keep the mmosquitos away from biting. There are a large variety of mosquito repellent creams availablein the markets like DEET, Bayrepel and many more. This is an effective way to curb the disease malaria.
CURE OF DISEASE MALARIA
When isease malaria is detected early on then it is very easy to be cured as many medicines act on the malarial parasite, Plasmodium.
The medicines which can be useful for malaria are
· Mefloquine (Lariam®)
· Atovaquone-proguanil (Malarone®)
· Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (Fansidar®)
Chloroquine should be taken weekly and is the most preferred drug for many areas. Due to its excessive use it may have become a resistant drug and hence alternatives are available. Where there is risk of resistance it is used along with proguanil. Specially this medicament has become resistant in Africa and hence other medications like Doxycycline and Malarone are being used more frequently
PROPHYLAXIS OF DTSEASE MALARIA
Malarial Prphylaxis means Taking anti-malaria medications for prevention of spread. However care should be taken before deciding the best medicine for you hence consider these points before going for any medication:
- The probability of mosquitoes
- Individual conditions like
- Any other specific medical condition
Many anti-malarial medications are available in the market for prophylaxis like Mefloquine, Doxycycline and Chquine and many more.
- Disease Malaria can be a deadly disease so its best to prevent the root cause which is the mosquitos.
- Mosquitos are attracted to stagnant water and dirty places.
- Moreover while travelling to places infested by mosquitos always be ready with mosquito repellent.
- A blood test is a must to diagnose malaria
- Proper medicament can cure disease malaria easily.
Sources and Citations