Cardio disease that are also commonly known as heart disease is a sort of disease that is related to the heart, these disease arises when blood vessels or the heart stops working the way it is supposed to do. Heart is the major part of the body that supplies blood to the whole human body and when it stops working properly it affects the body very badly. For the past few decades cardio diseases are one of the most prominent reasons of deaths all around the globe. The count of the people that die due to cardio diseases in a year has reached millions and is increasing rapidly.
Some of the prominent cardio diseases:
• The hardening of the arteries present in the human body, they become thick and do not remain as flexible as they are supposed to be.
• The increment of cholesterol and fat in the arteries that acts as the hurdles for the flow of blood causing problems to the whole body and mind.
• When the heart does not get the required amount of blood causing pain in the chest. This is one of the most common problems nowadays.
• Blood clots disturb the flow of blood making it difficult for the hearts to work in a streamline flow.
• Brain does not get the required amount of blood may be due to some blood clotting or blockage.
The rate of people dying due to the cardio diseases is much greater in the developed countries as compared to the under developed countries. The reason could be the food products that they use, there is a difference in the food items that both categories use and hence the difference lies in the death rates due to cardio diseases.
There are certain tests to diagnose the cardio diseases. These tests are conducted to check whether the heart is working properly and whether the person is suffering from any cardio disease or not. The tests may include:
There is a test to check the heart’s activities electrically. In this particular test the heart beat is checked and matching it with the standard rate to check whether it’s normal or not.
There is another test that checks the working of the heart using sound waves, by these sound waves the image of the heart is shown on the monitor and through that image the doctor can judge if any problem lies.
There is a test in which a patient is asked to work out or exercise and the doctor checks the response of the heart through the desired machine attached with the patient.
There is another test that checks the blockage in the arteries. In this test the areas where there is some blockage are highlighted using the specific technique that may differ from country to country or from doctor to doctor.
Another test that uses the sound waves but this test is used to check the blood clotting in the large blood vessel that is present in the neck that is supposed to supply the blood to the brain. Through the tests stated above the cardio diseases can be diagnosed and the proper treatment can be started timely.
We can decrease the chances of cardio diseases if we take good care of our health and avoid the things that may result in cardio diseases. Some of those things to be kept in mind are:
• Take good care of your blood pressure; try to keep it normal and stable.
• Take care of your cholesterol level; try to avoid the food items that may result in cholesterol increment.
• Avoid smoking as smoking is one of the reasons that may cause cardio diseases.
• Try to hit the gym or walk to make yourself fit and healthy.
Sources and Citations