Sexuallly transmitted diseases are those diseases which are transmitted sexually between people due to sexual intercourse. Generally, these diseases are commonly known as STDs. These diseases are treated based on their symptoms and diagnosis. People affected with sexuallly transmitted diseases are mostly treated using the commonly available medicines and drugs, as prescribed by medical science. But consultation with a medical practitioner especially a gynecologist is advised in these cases. The gynecologist will be able to prescribe the best medicines after diagnosis and sometimes after pathological or other form of diagnosis tests are conducted. There are numerous sexually transmitted diseases which are common than the others.
1. Chlamydia is one of the most popular sexuallly transmitted diseases. In UK Chlamydia disease is the most feared and most popular in terms of spreading frequency. This disease is caused by a bacterium known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Treatment of Chlamydia includes antibiotics especially erythromycin or amoxicillin. Even drugs like doxycycline, ofloxacin etc. can also be prescribed based on the diagnosis.
2. It has been seen generally that Neisseria gonorrhoeae grows in the moist or warm parts of the body, and is the causative bacterium of Gonorrhea, which is another popular form of sexuallly transmitted diseases. Though, once effective various forms of antibiotics were used like penicillin, cefixime, ceftriaxone, etc… Nowadays, other alternative techniques are used since Gonorrhea bacterium has become resistive to these diseases.
3. Genital Herpes is one of the sexuallly transmitted diseases which are highly contagious in nature. This disease is virally caused and the causative virus is Herpes Simplex virus. It affects the mucous membranes of various organs like the skin of the rectal region or the genitals and sometimes even both. This disease though treated with antibiotics, it can only be stopped from growing further. The affected person needs to undergo a long therapy.
4. AIDS (Acquired Immunity Deficiency Syndrome) is one of the most dreaded sexually transmitted diseases in the world. Not only this disease is very infectious sexually but is almost without any perfect treatment. This disease is caused by a very popular virus known as HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). The most critical aspect of this disease is that in most cases people do not die directly due to AIDS. In fact the HIV virus only affects the immune system of the affected individual’s body. This is actually enough for some other micro organism to attack and invade the body. Various cases exist in this world where people have died even due to common cold, once they have been affected with HIV virus leading to AIDS. Though, rumors related to AIDS exist that they are transmitted easily, even by touch, facts of medical science states otherwise.
5. Syphilis is caused by Treponema pallidum which looks just like a cork screw germ. The difference between this and other common sexually transmitted diseases in the world is that this disease can even spread itself in normal sexual interaction even if it is not an intercourse. Precaution taken in all these cases can actually save you from getting infected.