Introduction to mycoplasma infections
There are many infections that are fatal to humans. One such infection is caused by a pathogen called Mycoplasma pneumoniae. This is a serious problem that may prove fatal if the proper treatment in not done in time. Mycoplasma pneumoniaeis a bacterium that comes under class Mollicutes. It is photogenic to human beings and cause pneumonia. This is a very serious problem and it causes various problems in the body which may become more and more serious if the treatment is not done in time. Mycoplasma infections are generally spread by the inhalation of the bacteria when in longer contact to the persons suffering from the infection. There are various methods that can be employed for the precaution of this disease. This is a curable disease but it is always better to make it get away before it can affect you.
History of Mycoplasma
The bacterium Mycoplasma pneumoniae was earlier called as Eaton’s agent. It was first considered as virus. The studies of Eaton et al made the first culture of primary atypical pneumonia (PAP). The possible treatment of this infection at older times was penicillin and other antimicrobials like sulhponamides. In 1960, the first culture was isolated of the organism by Leonard Hayflick and given the name Mycoplasma pneumoniae. The infection by the bacteria is caused by the inflammation of the lungs and it is associated with the fewer and other symptoms.
Methods employed for the prevention of mycoplasma infection
There are several methods that one can use for the prevention of Mycoplasma infection. The best methods that can be employed for the prevention of this infection are:
1. If you are suffering from the infection by Mycoplasma, you must always cover your nose and mouth while sneezing and coughing. This will help to prevent the infection from spreading to the other people. As this is a respiratory disease it is spread through inhalation.
2. You must remember to wash your hands properly after the coughing and sneezing so as to avoid any contact with the other healthy persons. You can use various hand sanitizers and other cleaners for the cleaning of hands.
3. There are few drugs that are very effective in the treatment of the Mycoplasma infections. These are azithromycin, erythromycin and clarithromycin. For prophylaxis azithromycin is used. Some tetracyclines are also helpful in the treatment of the infection.
4. While you are infected, it is always better that you should stay home and use some specific drinking glass and other utensils that are only used by you so that to prevent the infections.
5. Abstinence is helpful for the spread of infection and it can be used as a secondary prevention method for the control of urogenital Mycoplasma attack.
Tips to control the spread of mycoplasma
The prevention methods are only helpful if you make follow them properly. There are many people that are careless while the handling of such infections. They should know that they cannon treat Mycoplasma infection without proper prevention methods.