The symptoms of intestinal infections are very distressing and bothersome. These infections can be caused by fungus, virus, yeast, intestinal parasites and bacteria. These organisms are collectively known as pathogens that would create mayhem in a person’s gastrointestinal tract. These pathogens would inflict havoc on areas such as urinary tracts and intestines.
Intestinal infections can lead to severe medical conditions and death. They would lead to other complications such as skin rashes, frequent headaches, depression, teeth grinding, and sleep disorders. These infections can be obtained through the food you eat. Foods that are not handled well have higher chances of acquiring bacteria. Foods that are left open can also become breeding grounds for bacteria and pathogens.
Symptoms of Intestinal infections
• Distressing bowel movements
• Appetite loss
• Weakened immune system
• Abdominal pain and cramps
These are the symptoms of some hazardous infections. It is highly recommended to consult a physician or take appropriate medications whenever these symptoms would occur.
Home remedies to treat Intestinal infections
The proper treatment for these types of infections depends on the classification or pathogen that has triggered the infection. Mild cases of an infection can be resolved in just a matter of days. However, severe cases will require prescriptions and recommendations from health experts. Antibiotics are highly recommended for these infections. The proper dosage intake must be practiced during these instances.
There are home remedies that can help you treat such infection. These remedies must be practiced along with the prescribed medications to speed up the recovery process of your gastrointestinal tract. Here are some of the home remedies that you can help you treat those symptoms:
• Indulge in creamy and smooth foods and drinks such as bananas, buttermilk and lemon juice. These kinds of foods and drinks can treat such infection since it will neutralize the acid levels in your stomach.
• Avoid processed foods, raw foods, fried foods and dairy products. These foods can exacerbate the symptoms of such infection since they present complications for the colon in terms of digestion. Raw foods can also contain bacteria such as salmonella and Escherichia Coli that can also aggravate the symptoms of these infections.
• Consume more water to keep your body hydrated at all times. It can cleanse your digestive system as well. You must make sure that your water is clean and free from microscopic organisms such as parasites and bacteria. Obtain water from reliable sources only.
• Try consuming ginger teas since it provides several health benefits that can treat circulation and digestive disorders. It is an efficient treatment for these infections since it has antibacterial properties that can relieve symptoms such abdominal discomfort, nausea, constipation and diarrhea.
• Indulge in delicious yogurt products. Yogurt is not only delectable and yummy, but it also has pro-biotic that can strengthen your immune system. It helps your body attain its balance back.
Tips and comments
These infections can be prevented if you maintain good personal hygiene along with healthy eating practices. Practice the proper sanitation practices and avoid foods that can trigger such ailment. If you notice the symptoms of intestinal infections, don’t waste time and alleviate it prescribed medications or home remedies.