Parka clothing is a type of outdoor winter clothing which is worn in extremely cold temperatures. It is designed to provide minimum exposure to the cold and also to keep the wind out. Originally, parka clothing was made from seal and caribou. This type of outerwear was developed in the arctic regions. Parka clothing generally features a coat of varying length with a hood over it. The hood is aimed to protect the head and the ears. Parka clothing is generally lined natural or synthetic fur. The parka clothing which is manufactured using animal hide and fur is heavy. However, synthetic fabrics (like nylon) are becoming increasing popular in the production of such clothing. Such types of clothes are relatively very light and they are also water proof. Parka clothing is usually worn by people who are exposed to very low temperatures for extended periods of time. It has been used by soldiers of the U.S. Army and also by expeditors, scientists, mountaineers etc. Below are some tips on where you can by parka clothing:
1) One of the best places to buy parka clothing is shopping malls. These malls feature a variety of stores and enable you to assess a wide range of clothes and then select the ones which fit your need and budget. A number of popular brands like Woodland and Columbia feature parka clothes – this makes them reliable as well as relatively inexpensive. There are a number of stylish and comfortable variants for men as well as women.
2) Another good place to buy parka clothing is stores which specialise in sports equipment. There are countless stores which deal exclusively in mountaineering and adventure sports equipment. These stores have some of the finest parka clothes in the market. Their products are specifically designed to endure the harsh environments that are associated with mountaineering. Unlike, traditional parka clothes, they are light in weight and this facilitates mobility.
3) EBay is also a great place to buy parka clothes. The advantage of this website is that it allows you to bid a price that you feel is most suitable for the product. If there is a certain amount that you are willing to pay for a certain piece of clothing – then bid that price and you will win the auction if you are lucky. Make sure that your bid is reasonable. The only disadvantage is that some auctions last for a few days and thus you will need to wait a bit before knowing whether you have won the bid or not.
4) A much preferred option is amazon.com. This website has a comprehensive range of products. Their payment system is very secure and they have a reputation for reliability and excellent service.
5) There are a number of other online stores and e-commerce websites where you can buy parka clothing.
Tips and comments
The price of parka clothing varies greatly depending upon the company, quality of materials and purpose. Some jackets are as cheap as 50 U.S. dollars while others can be as expensive as 800 to 1000 U.S. dollars. Designer parka clothing is not just functional but also very appealing to the eye.