There is no better way to fully appreciate the raw beauty of the Nile river then by taking a languid cruise. There are a host of different cruise companies that offer amazing cruises on the Nile and in this article we will explore some these Nile cruise ship companies and there particular characteristics.
The Sonesta Nile Cruises company has a fleet of five star ships in service, including The Sonesta Nile Goddess, Sonesta Sun Goddess, Sonesta Moon Goddess, Sonesta Star Goddess and the Sonesta St. George I. These cruise ships offer passengers 3, 4 and 7 night cruise on the Nile between Aswan and Luxor, to view the iconic landmark temples, tombs and ruins in the region. The Nile Goddess cruise ship one of this companies five star cruise ships. It is an elegant and majestic way to cruise on the mighty Nile river. The features and services that will be available to you whilst you cruise on the Nile are as follows
- In-room dining available until midnight
- Main dining room, lounge and Sun Deck Bar
- Elevator on Board
- Nightly Entertainment
- Fully-equipped Conference Room for up to 12 persons
- Barbecue Area on deck
- International Telephone Line and Internet Connection
- Outdoor Swimming Pool with Bar Service
- Spa (Gym room, Massage, Sauna & Jacuzzi)
- Guided Sightseeing Excursions
On the dining and entertainment front this cruise ship company is equipped with the following:
- Main Dining Room which serves tasty breakfast, lunch buffet and a la Carte dinners.
- Lounge that is equipped with a wide range of cocktails, beverages, and light meals for lunch and dinner.
- Sun Deck Bar gloriously overlooking the Nile, it offers guests cool cocktails all day until sunset.
- Entertainment includes Discotheque, Belly Dance Show, Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party, fancy Galabya Party and Nubian Folkloric Show.
Another mode in which you can cruise on the Nile is via The Alexander the Great Luxury Nile Cruise Ship. This cruise ship has the a lavish Spa which offers passengers massages and beauty treatments, as well as a Turkish bath. Additional facilities include a hairdresser, two souvenir and jewelry shops, a fitness room, Private Dock in Aswan, International telephone calls & faxes, Wireless Internet access, Laundry service and Automatic wake-up calls. If you wish to be entertained whilst you cruise on the Nile then this ship can definitely fulfill that wish via a Whirling Dervish, a Belly Dancer, a Galabeya party, Welcome Cocktail reception and Music and dancing. On the dining front there are a couple of different options available for guests. One of those options is in the form is the The Red Fiesta restaurant. This eatery offers guests food that is constructed out of the freshest ingredients. For lunch, a delicious buffet is accompanied by the Chef's station offering cooked-to-order dishes. With nightfall comes a fine dinning experience, with an à la carte menu and a selection of wines.
The last company that we will discuss is the Viking Nile Cruises. This cruise company has earned fame via providing excellent care and attention and personal and individual service to the passengers. This company has two Nile cruise ships, The MS Royal Viking and The MS Viking Princess. The Royal Viking is the companies newest creation of cruising extravagance, being built and launched in 2009. The four decks of this cruise ship is veiled with absolute luxury. This is in the form of the following features:
- 66 Standard Deluxe cabins and 4 Royal suites.
- Restaurant, Lounge Bar & Discotheque, Sun Deck Bars.
- Nightly Entertainment.
- Boutique Gift-Shop.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool with Bar Service.
- Laundry and Concierge service.
- Room Service available until midnight.
- Gym equipment, Massage service and Sauna room.
- Medical Service Available.
- International telephone Line and Internet Connection.
- Conference Room available upon request at the Salon Bar.
- Guided Sightseeing Excursions.
- Fax Machine available, Post-Cards Mailing Service, and Currency exchange.
- Complementary DVD movie.
- Multi-lingual 24 hrs Reception.
Whilst you cruise on one of the Sonesta cruise ships you can undertake the following exciting excursions, Luxor, The East Bank, The West Bank and Edfu.
Sources and Citations