Birthday parties are one of the most unforgettable experiences for children. Here are our top ten tips for making your kids' birthday a memorable one. You can use this as a guide for organizing kid’s birthday parties in the future.
1.Choose the right theme.This is very important as it will determine the success of the party that you’re going to organize. Children love to play dress up and there are loads of themes that you can choose from such as pirates, Barbie, Hollywood, Disney characters and so on and so forth. Your theme should also match the games, food and the ambience of the party.
2. Make appealing invitations.If you or your child is of a creative bent, then making your own invitations can be fun and rewarding experience, adding a feel of authenticity to the whole party experience.
3.Make a birthday cake.Making the birthday cake is a fun experience all on its own, and kids often love to be involved.
4. Have tasty party food.Whatever theme you choose for the party, tasty party food is a must. Favorites are sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, fairy cakes, chocolate cereal cakes, cream buns, punch, sausage and pineapple sticks. A fun idea is to box up each child's food, allowing them to have their own mixed selection. Some kids will want to swap with each other though! Keep it simple and the children will enjoy the food.
5. Make party hats.Pirate hats, witches' pointy hats, or whatever are appropriate for your theme. Giving each child a hat is a great way to add fun to the party.
6. Have party games.Party games are a must. It's best just to go to the age-old favorites, such as treasure hunts, silent statues, pin a tail on the donkey, Simon says musical chairs and pass the parcel, as these are a great social experience at kids’ parties.
7. Blow out the candles.The oldest tradition of all is blowing out the candles. This should be the centerpiece of the party, and is a special experience, with your child's friends congregating around the birthday cake to watch him or her blow out the candles.
8. Give out presents and take-home party bags with cake. Giving out presents at the party is a great way to show your gratitude to the children and also to make the party enjoyable for everyone. Ideally, each child should 'win' a prize of some kind, whether through a game of pass the parcel or some other means. Children should also be given a party bag to take home, including a slice of cake, stickers, pens, pencils and rubbers, and a novelty toy.
9. Send out a thank you card. It's polite to thank children and their parents for attending the party and for bringing presents.
10. Create a photo album. A great way to remember the party and create a valuable record for years to come is to photograph special scenes from the party. Always obtain the permission of parents for this.
Tips and comments
Parties are always fun especially for kids. It is a way to relax and enjoy. They also get to meet friends and discover things. Having said that, it is important that you plan the party well to prevent it from becoming staid.