Malaria is an infectious blood disease transmitted by Plasmodium flaciparum infected female Anopheles mosquito. The disease is vector transmittable epidemic which is prevalent during hot and humid seasons when the population of mosquitoes is quite high. Malaria diseases were initially endemic to Africa however with time; they were spread to other continents. In case you’re suffering from Malaria, you should read this article for more information.
Approximately, 500,000 cases of malaria have been reported in United States in last 4-5 year, 1 million of them resulting in death. Thus it is essential for people to learn the methods of combating this sickness. mentioned are some tips on treating malaria diseases in this article.
- First of all, individuals living in a malaria prone region must recognize the symptoms of this disease—fatigue, joint pains, shivering, high fever, jaundice, nausea, headache, convulsions, anemia and coma (in worst conditions). Thereafter, depending upon the severity of the signs, you must consult and expert physician and adopt suitable remedies.
- Physicians recommend patients to get their blood tests done as soon as they suspect malarial symptoms in their body. Hence, make sure you visit a pathology lab for proper diagnosis.
- It’s essential for you to adopt preventive measures to check large-scale transmission of malaria diseases. In case you’re traveling to African countries, make sure you’ve insect repellent creams, sprays and bed nets with you. Also, eliminate standing water from your surroundings so as to control the breeding of mosquito population.
- Various types of anti-malarial drugs like quinine (obtained from the bark of Cinchona tree), Doxycycline and Mefloquine are effective at treating malaria diseases. The use of individual drugs depends upon factors like mosquito type, patient condition, site of infection, allergy (if any) and pregnancy.
- People should be careful while administering drug therapies to children because they may produce side effects so use powerful drugs in small quantities, when you’re dealing with an infected child.
- In case your disease gets worse, immediately seek hospitalization. If malaria diseases are not diagnosed and treated on time, they may result in permanent coma or death.
- Senior citizens and pregnant women can opt for holistic treatments for malaria diseases. Herbal medicines are available in the form of plant extracts or pills that can be taken with milk. Doctors advice you to take medicines with milk as milk proteins coat your stomach and prevent nausea, digestive problems and other side effects.
- Cinnamon oil (comprising of cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl alcohol and cinnamyl acetate) is beneficial for Malaria. Likewise Tanacetum Parthenium (that includes Parthenolides), a member of sunflower family is efficient in curing malaria diseases.
- Milder forms of malaria diseases can be treated with homeopathic medicines like China off (made using Cinchona bark), China Sulph or Natrum Muricaticum (composed of essential salts) are quick in action as well
- In case you’re opting for a particular medicine, make sure you check out the constituent ingredients, expiry dates and medicine potency plus costs so that you can grab the best quality medicine.
- Couple different remedies with proper rest and a balanced diet to cure malaria
If you want more information on treating malaria diseases, you can visit local clinics, enroll in native health camps, refer to medical magazines or browse through different websites.
Most Recent Articles
Ways to stop tropical diseases
The diseases that are prevalent in or unique to tropical or sub tropical regions are called as the tropical diseases. These are less prevalent in temperate countries. That is due to the cold...
what you must know about malaria disease
Malaria is caused by a protozoan Plasmodium. The infective stage of the parasite is transmitted through the bite of the female Anopheles mosquito along with its saliva. The incubation period...
About the Differences Between Malaria & Thyphoid Fever
The world has seen lots of dreadful diseases that have become a threat to the humans. In recent times, though the medical field has developed beyond imagination, no one could assure that all...