Education Universities

How To Find Kentucky Universities

Introduction

There are eight public four-year Kentucky universities. Of these, two are major research institutions (University of Kentucky and University of Louisville) and the remaining six are regional universities. Among all Kentucky universities, the University of Kentucky (UK) and University of Louisville (U of L) have the highest academic rankings and admission standards. All medical outreach programs in the eastern half of Kentucky is managed by UK whereas, U of L manages medical outreach programs in the western half. Kentucky is very famous for college basketball.

Step 1

There are also sixteen public two-year Kentucky universities. Most of these colleges were first controlled by UK but afterwards, they came into the control of Kentucky Community and Technical College System. In addition to these public universities, Kentucky has over 30 private colleges or universities.

Step 2

Transylvania University is one of the oldest Kentucky universities. Founded in 1780, this private Kentucky university is located in Lexington. Transylvania University is a liberal arts university. It is ranked among the top universities in the United States. It provides 38 majors, and pre-professional degrees in engineering and accounting.

Step 3

Berea College was among the first Kentucky universities to give admission to both black and whites. The Berea College was founded 1855. It is situated at the furthest southern corner of the Bluegrass, just below the Cumberland Plateau. It’s also a liberal arts university. It offers undergraduate programs in 28 different fields.

Step 4

With so many different Kentucky universities, it is very difficult to choose which university to go to. To help you make this decision, there are two sites provided by the state so that you can search for a good Kentucky university. These two sites are “The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA)” and “KnowHow2GoKY”. These sites will provide you all the information you need about Kentucky universities. They will even guide you on planning and paying for Kentucky universities.

Step 5

Kentucky universities have more than 100,000 full-time undergraduates. Of these, 80% full-time undergraduates go to public colleges or universities while the other 20% go to private colleges or universities. On average, the five year graduation rate for all the public colleges or universities are 37% and the four year graduation rate for all the private colleges or universities are 37%.

Features

Another website to search for a good Kentucky university is “College Results Online”. On this website, you will be provided a list of colleges that can be sorted out by state. You can also classify universities by entering various qualities such as graduation rates. Furthermore, you can search for separate universities and then compare them with their fellow groups.

Comments

Like most southern states in the United States of America, most students in Kentucky take the ACT instead of the SAT. This means that the SAT average is based on a very small quantity of test takers. Most universities also prefer to take ACT, instead of SAT, as their entrance test. In fact, public high schools in Kentucky have made it mandatory on the students who go to these schools to take the ACT test in their junior year i.e. in 11th grade.

By John, published at 02/23/2012
   Rating: 4/5 (10 votes)
How To Find Kentucky Universities. 4 of 5 based on 10 votes.

Comments