When traveling by plane from state to state or even city to city, the upside is getting to your destination faster. However, there is a downside and that is having no transportation once you get to your destination. That is why you will find so many airport car rental businesses set up at airports. This makes it easier for the consumer, as they can get off their flight and go directly to their airport car.
- Research airport car rental companies that are located at the airport you will be flying into. Make a list of each company that is in that airport. You will use this list to determine which company offers the best deals.
- Search for deals and special offers for each of the airport car rental locations you have found. This will help enable you to get a better deal and save some money. You may also be able to find a discount if you are a AAA member. Check out your AAA membership information for a list of airport car rental companies that give discounts to members.
- Determine which airport car rental company will provide the best value for what you need. Do this by taking the information gathered at the airport car rental sites and from the discount information that you found.Take into account the cost for a deposit and whether or not you have the proper payment form.
- Call or go online to reserve your vehicle for the dates needed. Calling ahead to the airport car rental company is a good idea. This will ensure that your car is ready and waiting for you when you arrive. Failure to do this, may result in a wait for a car, or worse, no available cars in the type or style that you want.
- While reserving your vehicle it is a good time to determine what you will need to show when you pick the car up. Such as ID or proof of insurance.
- Fill out forms and paperwork. When you pick your car up, you will fill out forms and answer questions. One question will be about insurance, if you are unsure that you have adequate auto insurance to cover the airport car rental should anything happen, it is wise to accept the insurance the rental company offers.
- Before signing your name to accept the car, take a good look at both the inside and outside. Be sure that any scratches, marks or stains on the inside are noted. Being sure this is notated on the contract helps keep you from being blamed for something you did not do.
Take note of any stipulations, such as no pets in the vehicle or no smoking. If it is determined that you did indeed smoke or have animals in the car when the contract stated that none were allowed, you could be charged and extra cleaning and detailing fee for the vehicle when you bring it back.
Note the fuel in the tank of the car when you pick it up, you should return it with at least the same amount of fuel.
Most Recent Articles
Rental Car San Franciso Rates
Renting cars is much more convenient than relying on taxis or buses. They also emanate a sense of independence, giving the individual the choice to decide locations irrespective of time and ...
Rentals Car -The Best Offers
If you have no experience rental cars then it could turn a disaster for you. Negotiating with a number of rental car dealers regarding travel dates and rates often makes you bore. If you kee...