Food appliances are available in all sizes, but many times consumers prefer using smaller appliances to prepare quick meals and snacks. For example, the microwave can cook foods from scratch, as well as reheat foods. Toaster ovens can be used to bake and roast foods depending on the features and functions built into the appliance. Most households are familiar with a traditional coffeemaker, and spend hundreds of dollars every year ordering more expensive beverages at coffee shops. If you are looking for the best food appliances for your home, the following are a few tips and ideas that may suit the needs of the average consumer.
The countertop grill is becoming one of the essential food appliances that Americans want in their kitchens. One the benefits of grilling foods, as opposed to maybe frying foods, is that you get to separate the unhealthy fats and oils from meat and poultry, without having to set up a grill outdoors. It's right there on your counter, maybe next to your stove where you are preparing vegetables and other parts of the meal.
Obtain a countertop grill that does not require a lot of maintenance. Usually, these appliances have drainage tray that captures fat and oils as your meats and poultry are cooking on the grill. You should be able to remove the tray from the grill and then pour the refuse down the sink drain. Also, cleanup is relatively easy, where you simply use a washcloth to wipe away left over pieces of food on the grill plate or carefully rinse the grill plate under the faucet.
Use a countertop toaster oven to replace having to use the of and in your range or stove. These food appliances are found at any home supply or electronics retailer, locally or online. Set up is relatively easy. You just simply plug the cord into the wall and you have an appliance that is just as effective and powerful as the oven in the range or that is built into the wall.
Try to get a toaster oven that has the ability to stay on if you're trying to roast a chicken or bake a cake, which may require leaving the oven on for several hours. For safety reasons, manufacturers designed toaster ovens to automatically shut down after about 30 minutes of continuous usage. However, advances in this technology minimizes the safety risks, and manufacturers equip the machines to stay on like the oven and stove or range.
Obtain an espresso machine so that you can make expensive beverages at home. for example, many people obtain cappuccinos and lattes from coffee shops, costing anywhere from $5-$7 depending on the size. After about a week of consumption, consumers will already paid for regular espresso machine that sits on the counter.
Sources and Citations
- "9 Things You Shouldn't Buy at Grocery Stores." - My Money (usnews.com). Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2012/01/17/9-things-you-shouldnt-buy-at-the-grocery-storeandgt..
- "At Planet Green, Tilting From Ecology to Gastronomy." 'Midnight Snack' and 'Suzilla. 19 Dec. 2011. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/12/20/arts/television/midnight-snack-and-suzilla-the-mouth-that-roars-review.htmlandgt..
- BITTMAN, MARK. "The Food Processor: A Virtuoso One-Man Band." The New York Times. The New York Times, 14 Sept. 2010. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/15/dining/15mini.htmlandgt..
- "Bosch Universal Plus Kitchen Machine Wins Best Food Processor In About.com's Reader's Choice Awards." TheStreet.com. 22 Mar. 2011. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://www.thestreet.com/story/11054685/1/bosch-universal-plus-kitchen-machine-wins-best-food-processor-in-aboutcoms-readers-choice-awards.htmlandgt..
- "From KitchenAid, Three Great Ways to Cook Slowly." Yahoo! Finance. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kitchenaid-three-great-ways-cook-170900157.htmlandgt..
- Goudreau, Jenna. "The 10 Best Time-Saving Home Appliances." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 13 Oct. 2010. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2010/10/13/the-10-best-time-saving-home-appliances/andgt..
- MUandntilde.OZ, SARA SCHAEFER. "Super-Fast Food: Appliances For the Impatient Cook." The Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones andamp. Company, 14 June 2007. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118178623505734788.htmlandgt..
- SEVERSON, KIM. "Kitchen Gadgets Take the Fast-Food Mentality Into the Home." The New York Times. The New York Times, 17 Mar. 2010. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/dining/17house.html?pagewanted=allandgt..
- "Tefal Fresh Express - Preparing Healthy Food Has Never Been This Easy." Yahoo! Finance. Web. 20 Feb. 2012. andlt.http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tefal-fresh-express-preparing-healthy-183400690.htmlandgt..
Most Recent Articles
Adapter For Laptop -The Best Offers
Laptop and laptop appliances have become very common in computer stores. This has mainly been triggered by the importance the laptops have played in human life. Unlike the past when laptops ...
How To Choose a Home Washer
Consumers have numerous choices for a washer at home. Appliance retailers sell front loading and top loading washers, but the variation between these two basic technologies is confusing. Con...
Where To Buy Home Appliances
When looking to buy home appliances, it is always good to do some comparisons on brands as well as prices. By doing comparisons on prices, you could potentially save yourself hundreds o...