Having urine diseases, more commonly known as urinary tract infections can be quite irritating, painful and time-consuming. For sure, there are countless ways where urine diseases can be easily treated but unfortunately, some people can easily be affected by this phenomenon.
The urinary tract is an essential part of our body since it carries and takes out waste, toxins and excess water from our body. When microorganisms invade this system, it will be infected. As a result, it will not be able to function properly.
One of the most common urine diseases is bladder infection. It is when the urethra carries the harmful bacteria to your bladder. When this happens, the bladder becomes inflamed and swollen, making it difficult for you to pass out urine. Sometimes, blood can even be found with your urine.
Women are more prone to urine diseases than men given the fact that women have shorter urethras, making it easier for bacteria to travel to the bladder and causing infections. Factors relating to urine diseases include:
- not drinking enough fluids
- poor feminine hygiene
You might have an infection if you have the following symptoms:
- painful and burning sensation when urinating
- pain in back and lower abdominal area
- fever and chills
- nausea and vomiting
- cloudy or dark-colored urine
To prevent urine diseases from occurring again and again, here are some remedies that you can try:
- Drink at least 2 liters of water daily. Drink more water upon consumption of salty food to prevent water retention and bloating which could potentially lead to an infection.
- For women, always wipe and clean up from front to back after urinating.
- Make it a habit to urinate and wash after intercourse.
- Also avoid food that has high sugar content as it may weaken your immune system, making you more prone to infection.
- Another component that could weaken the immune system is the consumption of alcoholic beverages, so try to avoid them as much as possible.
- Consume food sources that are rich in Vitamin C to increase the acidity of your urine. Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant which helps boost your immune system, making you less prone to infections.
- Cranberry is a popular remedy for urine diseases as it can acidify your urine so that bacteria will not stick to the membrane walls of the urethra.
- Try to avoid beverages that have caffeine if they tend to trigger UTI attacks.
- For women avoid using feminine hygiene sprays and excessive douching as these practices may disrupt the normal function of the resident flora of your genitalia.
- Stress can be a contributing factor for urine diseases because stress can actually weaken your immune system.
- In case you're having chronic UTI, it is highly recommended to seek professional help.
Most Recent Articles
What Sickness Causes You Have Burning When Urinating?
When you have pain during urination, it is usually a sign of an infection. In males, burning during urinating is usually a sign of a UTI better known as a urinary tract infection caused by b...
What Are The Causes Of Urinary Diseases
Human urinary system consists of kidney, ureters, urinary bladder and urethra. Any kind of ailment involving these structures comes under the heading of urinary disease. These can be due to ...