People against poverty
People who have low vitamin intake may cause often deseases and low immune system. Vitamins and minerals are usually comes from the food we eat such as green leafy vegetables, fruits and vitamin intake. But due to poverty, not all people are liable of buying nutritious foods and unaware what kind of food they must eat or to buy to be able to achieve a healthy body.
Food intake and its benefits
Here are some common foods that people eat, maybe due to dietary intake or daily intake, and the vitamins you can get.
1. Fiber. Soluble fiber binds with fatty acids in the stomach and prolongs digestion time, it also regulates blood sugar. This can be found in dried beans, oats, oranges, apples and carrots. Insoluble fiber helps remove toxins from the colon and balance intestine acidity. This can be found in whole wheat, cauliflower, green beans, skins of fruits such as apple and root vegetables.
2. Folate. It helps produce and maintain new cells. It is important during periods of rapid cell division and growth such as infancy and pregnancy. This can be found in leafy green vegetables such as spinach and green turnips, fruits like citrus fruits and juices, and dried beans and peas.
3. Potassium. It helps maintain healthy blood pressure. It is also needed for muscle growth and for normal nervous system and brain function. This is usually found in banana, strawberries, raisins, mushrooms, and soy products.
4. Vitamin A. This keeps eyes and skin healthy and also helps protect the body from infections. This can be found in sweet potatoes, winter squash, Chinese cabbage, pumpkin, carrots and spinach.
5. Vitamin C. It helps heal cuts and wounds, and keep the teeth and gums healthy. This can be found in kiwi, Brussels sprouts, mangoes, oranges, tomato juice, cauliflower, broccoli and strawberries.
Diseases caused by too low and too high
People with too low and too high intake of vitamins and minerals may cause different deseases, depends on the reaction of the body. Here are some causes that might alert you due to lack or too much intake.
1. Fiber. People with low fiber intake may cause (overall) high cholesterol, cardiovascular deseases, obesity, diabetes, and has high bad cholesterol.
2. Folate. Decrease in folate may cause changes to DNA that may lead to cancer, malabsorption, kidney dialysis, liver deseases and certain anemia.
3. Potassium. Hyperkalemia is too much potassium in the blood and in very high levels can be damaging to the heart. Hypokalemia is too low in potassium maybe due to diarrhea, excessive vomiting and certain hormonal disorders like cushing’s deseases
4. Vitamin A. People with low Vitamin A may cause blindness, eye inflammation and diarrhea. Too much intake may cause nausea, irritability, (mild) blurred vision, birth defects and increase risk of bone fractures, in some people.
5. Vitamin C. Too little vitamin C can cause Anemia, Nosebleeds, gingivitis, easy to get infections and obesity, due to slower metabolism.
Although fruits and vegetables are the right source of having a healthy body, too much eating and decrease of intake may cause negative or positive reaction to our body. Remember to balance everything to keep a healthy life style and body.
Most Recent Articles
What Stops Disease Outbreaks From Spreading To Everyone?
Although it is not common that we hear experts and those in authority call an outbreak on something, hearing this word is not something we would want. Outbreaks are often associated with dis...
How To Protect Yourself From Shingles Diseases
Shingles or herpes zoster is a devastating come back of chickenpox caused by the varicella zoster virus or VZV. Once the person has had chickenpox, VZV stays in the body. It does not c...
How To Prevent Psoriasis Skin Diseases
You might have heard of this disease before but have less or no idea of what this is all about. If you are one of those who are experiencing this type of skin disease or just want to know mo...