Computer problems are more and more frequent nowadays. People who live in this world enhanced by technology cannot manage properly without a PC, a laptop, a notebook etcm because the get problems like a black monitor. The real issue appears when you need to work on your computer, it stops working and you do not know what to do, in this case we have a black monitor problem. In that case you need to talk to a specialist or a friend who deals regularly with such tasks. One of the things that can make you panic if you are using your pc in that very moment, is a black monitor. Here are some of the reasons why this happens and how you could solve it:
1. The cables are disconnected or the system has gone into power conserving mode. First of all, perform simple actions like turning the black monitor OFF and then ON and wait for a few minutes, or try to wiggle the mouse or press any key and see if the screen lights up. If this does not work, then check the power supply and if the monitor cable is connected properly to the computer. Also check if the keyboard is connected to the computer, but if all above mentioned didn’t give results, your final chance is to restart.
2. A component in the computer may be overheated. You need to shut down your computer and monitor. If you have air-conditioning, turn it on. If you have the possibility, install an additional fan in the room. After 30 minutes, try to restart your computer and after that, the monitor. If this was your problem, then the black monitor will disappear and the system will work properly.
3. BIOS may be corrupted. You could use the Safe Mode or the Recovery Console to boot the system. If you don’t know how, you should resort to someone who can. In most cases, this finally requires to reinstall Windows.
4. Recent HDD changes. If you used any corrupted drivers for installing the hardware, then this may be the reason you are dealing with a black monitor. You need to reinstall all recently added hardware and try to restore the system to a previous restore point. A black monitor will give you a headache if you realize that it is entirely your fault, because when you do something that damaged the computer it is a bit harder to fix it.
5. HDD crash. This is the most popular reason for a black monitor, but it is also something you can not foresee. When you buy a computer, nobody guarantees you that your HDD will work properly more than two years. So, in order not to suffer a huge loss, you should take some caution and save all your information on an external HDD or on DVDs. Back-up is also really helpful in situations like this.
The most important thing you need to remember when you see a black monitor is not to panic. Whatever the problem may be, it can be solved, but you also need to be prepared for a HDD crash.