You can't be really beautiful if you have dry and limp hair. Because of this, you might need a few products to boost your hair's energy and restore it to its natural condition.
If you're in need of both natural and chemical hair products for your dry hair, read further.
All About Dry Hair
In order to find out which hair product works best for your dry hair, you should first understand the concept of having dry hair.
Every day, the hair is exposed to numerous harmful environmental and synthetic factors. The following factors trigger damage to your hair:
- exposure to the heat of the sun
- exposure to harmful chemicals in shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays, hair color, bleach and any other hair product that you can find
- excessive use of hair dryers, flat irons, hot rollers and curling irons
- combing, brushin and detangling hair when it is still wet
How to Look for the Best Hair Product
If you want to restore your hair to its old and healthy condition, you can use a natural hair product so that you will not cause further damage to your hair. Try the following remedies and see which product works best for you:
- Mayonnaise - the protein from this product will deep condition your hair, making it appear smoother and more manageable. It will also reduce frizz and further damage. To use this product, you need to apply a liberal amount to your hair and leave it on for at least 45 minutes. Make sure to shampoo and conditioner and rinse thoroughly to get rid of the buildup.
- Olive oil - this product will help improve the strength and elasticity of your hair, protecting it from damage. It also nourishes and conditions your hair. To use it, rub an ample amount of olive oil to your hair and leave it for an hour, or even overnight to maximize its conditioning properties. Rinse it thoroughly, shampoo and conditioner and see the difference.
- Virgin coconut oil - it is considered as the most popular hair product because of its rich conditioning properties. Apply it to your hair, cover your hair with plastic wrap and apply hat with a hair dryer. As usual, you need to rinse it thoroughly after treating your hair with this product.
Other natural hair products that could treat your hair are the following:
You can also consult a salon professional so that he/she can recommend a hair product that works for your hair. Popular choices include the following:
- Matrix Biolage Aqua-immersion Crème Masque
- Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask
- TIGI Bed Head Treat Me Right Peppermint Hair Mask
- Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque
- Shiseido Tsubaki Shining Conditioner with Tsubaki Oil EX
Tips and Comments
In choosing the perfect hair product, you should remember a few things:
- The hair product should not only tame your hair down, but it has to hydrate, nourish and moisturize it.
- Choose a hair product that has minimal or no alcohol content.
- Beware of fake hair products on the market. Only make your purchase on legit sellers.
Actually, there is no absolute product that truly treats dry hair. The best thing to do is to prevent damage and eat a healthy diet rich in antioxidants. Also, drink a lot of water.