Short hairstyles not only look great, but are also a great way to beat the summer heat. One of the best ways to choose a new cut is to work with the shape of your face and your hair texture. Identifying your face shape will help you to pick the best style for you.
There are five basic face shapes: oval, round, square, heart-shaped, and rectangular. Oval is considered to be the ideal face shape. It is well balanced and evenly proportioned. Famous people who share this face shape are: Kate Hudson, Halle Berry, and Julia Roberts. Round has soft round edges and is as long as it is wide. Famous people who share this face shape are: Oprah, Fergie, and Kate Winslet.
Square faces are as long as they are wide and has a more angular look than the round shaped face. Famous people who share this face shape are: Demi Moore, Sandra Bullock, and Angelina Jolie. Heart shaped is wider at the cheekbones/forehead and narrow at the jaw line. Famous people who share this face shape are: Rachel Bilson, Jennifer Lopez. and Michelle Williams. A rectangular face is longer than it is wide with a angular shape. Famous people who share this face shape are: Niki Taylor, Sally Jessica Parker, and Giselle Bundchen.
Types of hair texture:
- Kinky, afro textured hair.
Hair texture can also be defined as: fine, limp, thin, coarse, and thick. It's equally important to consider the texture of your hair when deciding on a short style.Hair that is Straight, Fine, or Wavy work best with Bob cuts. The Pixie cut works well with most hair types and is very low maintenance. Short styles on curly hair will need more maintenance and may require a relaxer for some styles.
Best short hairstyles for your face shape:
- Oval faces are just about any hairstyle can be worn with this shaped face.
- Round faces should get styles that don't add volume around the face. Short styles that have more volume on the top are a good choice. Some styles to try: Soft Pixie, Side Combed Bangs, and Short Layered looks.
- Square faces need short style lengths work very well on this shape face. They help to soften the angular jaw line. Styles to try: Layered look with wispy cut bangs. Avoid cuts that have blunt cut bangs. Style to try: Concave bob.
- Heart shaped faces look great in the Pixie cut and Layered Bob. Avoid styles that causes the face to appear triangular, such as full bangs,
- Rectangular faces are flattered by short styles with waves or curls work well. Brow length bangs are good choice as well.
There are so many short hairstyles to choose. Consult with your stylist to choose best style for your face shape and hair texture.
Tips and comments
Be bold and spice up you short hairstyle with a pop of color or spike it up for a fun style.