Where to find media jobs in London
When we hear Media and London, I am pretty sure most of us visualise BBC. However, there are other sources of media jobs London other than this esteemed broadcasting network. The worldwide economic downturn rendered many people jobless and the media was no exception. Luckily, for most communication, journalism or media graduates, a career in media is not limiting. You do not have to die a reporter if you started as one, you can change your job, but still remain in the media industry.Here are a few areas you may want to look at if you are seeking to find media jobs London:
- Public relations and communications: There are numerous PR agencies in London, like global PR agency and with a concentration on PR you will certainly land media jobs London. You can be a PR account executive or a media executive where you liaise with reporters for editorial PR. Also, you can be an information officer or PR manager for an organization.
- Broadcast media: You can be a news anchor, a radio show host or a program producer. There is a myriad of opportunities here if loooking for media jobs London; you will be spoilt for choice. We have the world famous BBC TV and Radio, Reuters, Kiss and Virgin radio.
- Publishing: Publishing and printing is another media field one can find media jobs London. Before publication, an editor is needed to proofread the literature/copy. Additionally creative writers are required to generate the content, designers to layout the magazine or book. This media sub-sector employs more than enough people, so you cannot miss media jobs London.
- Advertising agencies: These are probably the most diverse media jobs London creators in this media sub-sector. You can find media jobs London in an advertising agency as a client service executive or account executive. You can fall into the creative department as a designer, art director or illustrator. Media booking is not to be forgotten, as buying of media space was the genesis of advertising. An example of advertising agencies in London include; Saatchi and Saatchi, London creative and Iris.
- Digital media: The web has played a big role in the growth of new media and hence a tool for finding media jobs London, but also a job creator in itself. Web design is an area you can find media jobs London. one can find a job as an online video or audio producer especially for websites that are interactive and heavy on video content, like tutorial sites, how to sites or even the twitter and face book page of organizations.
The media industry in London is abuzz with activity and because of this, teeming with job opportunities. If you follow a few of the steps outlined above, then it should not be difficult to snatch up that dream media jobs London. Once you narrow to a particular area of interest, passion or skill that you are good at, then it should not be too hard to secure media jobs London.
Most Recent Articles
Education Required For Pr Advertising Jobs
For very long durations of time, PR advertising jobs were really ignored and many managers would not hire individuals with such skills to work in their firms. However, due to increased compe...
10 Amazing Tips For Design London Jobs
In this days we are living in, more students are finishing their design courses in various colleges and universities around London every year. This consequently means that even more people a...
How to find truck driver jobs in USA
If one is qualified, one may want to find out how they can get one of the many truck driver jobs in the country. These jobs are ideal for the right candidates. These jobs also pay well and o...