You can easily obtain the windows XP service latest packs. You can have the security updates on your computer only if your computer is running the Windows XP service pack 3. The updates of Windows XP are distributed in the service packs. The functionality of your computer can be updated and extended by using the windows XP service packs. You also keep windows XP current by using these service packs. You can easily install the latest windows XP service pack. You can check the status of your computer by following some of the points. If your windows’ operating system is 32 bit then you can easily apply the Windows XP service packs. You can easily check that your PC is either 32 bit or 64 bit. Before you install the Windows XP service pack 3, you should pre install the Windows XP service pack 2 and Windows XP service pack 1a. you can easily check the pre installed service packs on your computer.
You can also install the previous service packs either 1 or 2 through the Internet. You can also install the Windows XP service pack 3 through the Internet. You can either download the service pack automatically or manually. You may also order the CD of service pack 3. You should keep one thing in your mind that the service pack 3 installs only on the 32 bit versions. You can find that which service pack is being installed on your computer by following some of the steps given below:
- Click the start option and then click the Run command.
- Copy the command winver on the run command and then click OK.
- A dialog box appears on your screen and it shows the service pack that is installed on your computer and the version of your windows on your computer.
- You may also ask for the help online if you still can not find the version of your computer or the service pack of the windows.
You can obtain the windows service pack 3. For the automatically downloading of the service pack 3 you can turn on the automatic updates of your computer. You can also download the service pack manually. You need to follow following steps for turning on the automatic updates of your computer:
- Click the start option and then go to the run command.
- Copy sysdm.cpl on the command prompt and then press enter.
- Click the tab of automatic updates. You may click any of the option which is given to you. You should select automatic recommended option for the safety. Select the time that you want under Automatically download recommended updates for my computer. After that install that on your computer
Tips and comments
After these steps your computer can easily update the computer automatically. Windows update or the Microsoft Download Center is used to obtain the Windows XP service pack 3. You can visit the web site of Microsoft for the further help. Click the option of Express which is mostly recommended.