Common skin diseases list
The skin is the largest and very important part of the body that always creates the very first impression of a person. This important part is responsible for many human organism functions hence at high risk of being attacked by bacteria and other organisms that cause diseases. Skin diseases are the diseases that affect the skin in general and they can affect any part of the body. The severity of any skin disease depends on the type of skin disease affecting an individual. Some can be life threatening if left untreated for a long period. The following is a description of the five common skin diseases that are found in the skin diseases list.
Common skin diseases list
The skin diseases list can be endless because there are very many types of skin diseases that affect the human skin. The following is the skin diseases list of the five most common skin diseases.
- Acne: It is found in the most popular skin diseases list. Acne is skin disease that occurs when the passage way that connects the skin pores and the oil glands becomes clogged. It causes pimples that tend to appear on the face, back, chest, shoulders and the neck. It can appear as whiteheads and blackheads, nodular and cystic acne which are severe since they are found deep in the skin and can sometimes cause scars. Acne tends to occur during adolescence since at this time the growth of hormones is very high.
- Eczema: it can be avoided by moisturizing the skin, building up the skin barriers and avoiding dry skin. Eczema occurs in three different forms.
- Nummular dermatitis - it is caused by having dry skin and appears like red flaky coin shaped patches on the skin that are very itchy.
- Allergic contact dermatitis: often occurs in adulthood and is caused by factors like cosmetics, fragrance and metals in jewelry.
- Atopic dermatitis: it is a very common genetic disease that mainly affects children. It causes itchy rashes in the crux of the elbow and behind the knees.
3. Seborrheic dermatitis: it causes oily, waxy patches that develop on the scalp. In babies, it appears as a flakey dandruff like condition on the scalp. It mainly attacks once in a lifetime.
4. Psoriasis: it is genetic disease that is very chronic and disfiguring. It is a build up of the excess skin tissues that appear like red and thick scales that are covered by silvery scales. It appears on the elbows, knees and can sometimes spread to other parts of the limbs and trunk.
5. Skin cancer: it is a very common condition nowadays. It is caused by excessive exposure to ultraviolet light and it can be hereditary.
Causes of skin diseases
The following factors contribute to the growing skin diseases list.
Eating a poor diet that contains a lot of fat and industrial processed foods.
- Smoking habits.
- Stress and depression.
- Exposure to the ultraviolet rays.
- Depression of the functioning of the thyroid glands.
- Use of certain medicines such as histamine antagonists or diuretics.
- Use of certain cosmetics.
- Wearing ill fitting shoes.
Tips and comments
The following are ways to prevent the skin diseases from attacking.
- Wash hands with water and soap and dry them with a tender towel.
- Avoid foods that cause allergic reactions to your body.
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet that has less fat.
- Drink a lot of water to help in the discharge of poisonous substances that cause skin diseases.
- Avoid use of many different chemicals cosmetics.
Most Recent Articles
Diseases That Affect The Cardiovascular System
Cardiovascular system diseases are the conditions that affect the heart and the blood vessels, which are the main components of the system. These diseases are often linked with a wrong o...
How To Protect Yourself From Mascular Disease
Have you ever wondered why we have muscles and what are their purposes in the body aside from just giving our body our shape? Like any other parts in the body, the muscles too have their imp...
How To Diagnose Tapeworm Diseases
Tapeworms are a group of parasitic animals that attack and live in human intestines. Several species are found to be human pests. These infect humans through the oral route and are present i...