As we reach our teens, we undergo an awkward stage where we don't exactly look and feel our best. Because of this, we are left feeling awkward, restless and lacking in confidence. Along with it, teens have the intense need to be appreciated and accepted by the society and their peers; so they are doing everything they can to look good and be the "cool" friend.
So if you're one of those teenagers who need hair & beauty tips, read on.
The most important tip that you need to follow is to live a healthy lifestyle. When you are living a healthy lifestyle, then it will be easier to achieve skin that oozes with beauty & lustrous hair.
Start by eating nutritious food items that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and zinc. Try to incorportate the following food items in your diet from now on:
- whole grain
- green leafy and bright-colored vegetables
- fruits rich in Vitamins A, C, E and fiber
Also, it is important for you drink a lot of water. This means that you need 1500 ml - 2000 ml of water daily. It is important that you stay hydrated all throughout the day so that all the toxins will be flushed out of your system. This will also make your skin have that youthful glow.
The choice of clothes also have an impact on hair & beauty. That is why you should choose clothing pieces that expres your personal style. Look at fashion magazines, fashion websites and fashion blogs in the Internet for inspiration. Just make sure that the fashion pieces you see simply inspire you but not change or replace your individuality.
In case you still don't know what to choose for your wardrobe, make sure that you have the following wardobe essentials:
- A good pair of jeans
- Cropped pants
- Cargo pants
- Little black dress
- Floral sleeveless dress
- Pencil skirt
- Plain white tank top
- Plain white button down shirt
- Plain white t-shirt
- Black pumps
- Black Chuck Taylors
Another trick that you need to learn is to have an effective hair & beauty regimen. Try the following tips:
- Make sure to use shampoo and conditioner. Use shampoo 2-3 times in a week to get rid of oil and build-up. Use conditioner everytime you wash your hair. Use a deep conditioning treatment 1-2 times a week.
- Get your hair trimmed every three months to get rid of split ends.
- If possible, get a hot oil or keratin treatment once a month.
- Avoid brushing your hair when it's still wet. Use a wide-toothed comb.
- Use heat protectant sprays or creams when using hair dryers, flat irons and curling irons.
- Daytime: Cleanse - tone - moisturize - use sunblock
- Night: Remove makeup - cleanse - tone - serum - moisturize
- Exfoliate once a week.
- Use a peel-off mask twice a week.
- If possible, get a facial once a month.
Sleep also plays a major part in achieving great looking hair & beauty in skin. Sleep allows cell regeneration, which means that it activates the cells to recover from the damage which has been occurring all throughout the day. Make sure that you get at least eight to ten hours of sleep daily.
Of course aesthetic products also contribute in achieving beautiful hair & true beauty. This is why you should learn how to apply makeup and other beauty products. Update your beauty loot with the following items:
- bb cream or light foundation
- eyeshadow palette
- lip balm
- matte lipstick
- lip and cheek stain
- hair spray
- hair gel
- hair pins
Tips and Warnings
- Remember that hair & beauty is a matter of personal style. This is why you should not copy other people's styles. Instead, you should just be inspired with their looks and make them your own.
- Good hair & beauty always comes from within so it is important to live with a positive outlook.
Most Recent Articles
Styling Tips For Short Hair
Hair is one of the most important ways of styling. Many women neglect the importance of maintaining their hair. With proper maintenance and styling, you can look sexy and gorgeous. The most ...
5 Beauty Tips For Your Hair And Health
The health of your hair depends solely on how well you take care of your body. If you are unhealthy, your hair is going to show it. Your hair beauty health is only going to show if you are h...
3 Hair Tips Every Woman Should Know
Hair is a person’s crowning glory. Natural, lustrous, shiny hair enhances the beauty of a person. Many of us are blessed with such hair from birth but once a person hits puberty proble...