It sounds simple; to take care of your skin and keep it looking as young as possible, you use a face cream. Yet, finding the right skin cream is not as easy as it sounds. Just as there are different types of skin, there are just as many different types of cream available. Not only does your age become a factor in the best type of skin cream to use, but so does the type of skin you have. In order to get the most from face and skin creams available, you need to know how to choose them.
The first thing to do is determine the type of skin you have.
- Normal skin is soft, supple, and free of pimples and breakouts.
- Oily skin is just as it sounds. No matter how much you wash it your face appears oily not long after cleaning, and pimples and blackheads are clearly visible.
- Dry skin is prone to fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and eyes. This skin type looks dry and dehydrated, especially in the winter months.
- Combination skin is a mixture of dry and oily skin. The forehead, nose and chin may be oily while the rest of the face is dry.
- Sensitive skin gets irritated easily and is prone to allergic reactions even with the best skin cream.
When it comes to matching a cream for your skin type, there are a few basics to follow.
- Normal skin – Almost any kind of skin cream works well on normal skin, but the best is cream made especially for this type.
- Oily skin – Water based, oil-free skin cream is the best for oily skin. Water based skin cream will keep the skin hydrated without weighing it down with extra oils. Look for these ingredients: sulfur, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide and retinol.
- Dry skin – Moisturizing and nourishing face creams are the best for dry skin. Moisturizing skin cream helps to restore the hydration balance in the skin, creating a healthy and soft skin. Look for these ingredients: alpha hydroxyl acids, Retin-A, antioxidants, and ceramides.
- Combination skin – This type of skin needs to treat both the dry and oily problems. You can use two creams, addressing the oily and dry issues separately. Or you can choose a cream made especially for combination skins to keep the skin hydrated and healthy at the same time.
- Sensitive skin – Choose creams that have all-natural ingredients and are hypoallergenic.
Many women think that they do not need skin cream until they are older, but sometimes that can be too late to repair the damage. Start with a day cream when you are in your 20s, and move onto a day and night cream as you age. When you are in your 40s, consider choosing anti-aging skin cream to hydrate and firm the skin.
All skin types should look for skin cream with these ingredients:
Vitamins C, E, A, B and K – Vitamins help to repair damage from sun exposure and everyday pollutants.
Sunscreen, even if not in the sun, will help prevent premature aging.
Price is usually one of the leading factors for many women when they choose a skin cream. Although the pricier creams can be better, affordable creams can be just as good. Base your choice on the ingredients in the skin cream and not the brand name.
In order to get the most from the skin cream you choose, you must keep up a skin care regime. Daily wash, tone and moisturize your face for the healthiest and youngest look possible.
Sources and Citations
Most Recent Articles
How To Find a Firming Skin Moisturizer
It is the dream of every woman to look beautiful all her life but unfortunately this is something that can not be achieved that easily. You need to do a lot of things to get beauty for forev...
The Best Skin And Wrinkle Cream
The feeling of getting old is unpleasant, yet it is an inevitable fate for us all. The feeling of getting old takes away your confidence, your self-esteem and maybe perhaps even the motivati...
Skin Care Trips For Using Face Cream
The range of face creams available on the market is very wide and is designed to solve numerous problems that arise along the life. From acne problems which occur in adolescence to wrinkles ...